We Received the Sunshine Blogger Award
We received our third blogger award! In December, we received the Liebster Award, in January we received the Versatile Blogger Award and in February we received the Sunshine Blogger Award and were ranked eighteenth in the Top 40 New Travel Blogs in The Extradorinaiy Feet. In addition to the awards we received in February it was also our highest monthly views. To say the least, February, the shortest month of the year, was a very successful one and we are overwhelmed with everyone’s positive feedback. Thank you! Thank you so much for supporting and following us on Our Sweet Adventures!
So What is the Sunshine Blogger Award?
It is similar to the previous awards we have received – bloggers who have received the Sunshine Blogger Award nominate other bloggers they see fit the criteria. The Sunshine Blogger Award recognizing bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. That is an esteemed award to receive because it is coming from bloggers WE have inspired. We are still learning and growing everyday with our blog, so we cannot believe others look up to us as inspiration – it is definitely a very humbling feeling. With that being said, we have been inspired by so many bloggers and are thrilled to nominate them.
How Does It Work?
- Thank your Sunshine Blogger Award presenter on your blog. Try to include a little promotion with a link to their blog for the person who nominated you. It is a nice gesture to personally thank them and provide them with more exposure from your audience.
- Nominate 11 blogs/bloggers that have inspired you with their creativity and positiveness. Be sure to hyperlink their website for your audience discover.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Display the Sunshine Blogger Award on your blog by including it in your post and/or display it using a “widget” or “gadget” so everybody knows how awesome you are.
- Pat yourself on the back because you have just received an award for inspiring others and are now promoting 11 other inspiring bloggers.
A Special Thank You and Info To Our Presenter
A very special thank you to Danica of DBucketlist for nominating us for the Sunshine Blogger Award! Danica created her blog so that one day in the future someone could find inspiration to see that life is beautiful. And inspire she does! Her website is full of life, adventures, stories and food. We may have inspired her, but she certainly inspires us!
Thank you again Danica!
11 Questions from DBucketlist
When we received our first award, the Liebster Award, we wanted to be different and show our readers more of our personality through a video rather than just our words. Since then we created another video for the Versatile Blogger Award and now continue this tradition with the Sunshine Blogger Award. Bloggers do not need to create a video, simply writing them is common, but we really enjoy connecting with our audience through videos.
So without further ado please enjoy our video as you get to know a little more about us!
- What is the most memorable country you’ve visited?
Definitely Italy because we lived among locals for two weeks at a time in three different cities and our hosts become our family. We spent two wonderful months traveling to several different cities in Italy, therefore we created countless memories that we will never forget. To name a few… going inside the Blue Grotto in Capri, drinking limoncello with the family in Amalfi, watching Juventus play in their home opener and more.
- Let’s say you meet someone who doesn’t like the idea of traveling, what will you say to him/her?
We would ask why and hear their story because everyone has their “thing” that makes them happy, like how traveling makes us happy. There is no right or wrong.
- What kind of traveler are you?
We are travelers that will splurge for big trips, but can also be budget friendly too. We like to be adventurous, enjoy the scenery and outdoors, try new things, eat differently than we do at home and meet great people. We also enjoy the planning process of trips, but always leave room for those spontaneous and spur of the moments.
- So far in your life of traveling, have you ever wanted to stay somewhere and never come back home? If yes, where and why?
St. Lucia because it was our honeymoon and we felt like we were in another reality. Adam was working very long hours and at the time we barely saw each other, so being together every waking moment was something we never wanted to end. And of course our honeymoon stay at Jade Mountain was beyond amazing. We were on the beach, had a beautiful sanctuary with an infinity pool and experienced a lot of fun and adventures activities and excursions.
- What was the first trip that made you love traveling?
Adam – baseball trips with my dad. We would take vacations around baseball season and enjoy both the games and sightseeing.
Christina – my trip to Europe to with my Papi (grandfather). I look up to my Papi more than anyone and to have him take me on my first big trip was something I will cherish forever.
- If you were to spend your last day of being alive, how will you spend it?
Adam – with friends and family, starting the day in a National Park and then finish the day on the beach.
Christina – with family at the beach playing our two favorite things, bocce ball and soccer.
- Traveling makes use see people in a different light. What is that one trait you’ve always hated before, but learned to accept and understand after meeting so many people during your travels?
We cannot say we have ever hated a trait of another culture before. What we can say is that we have always been open minded people. When we travel it is always about being understanding and fitting in with the culture.
- What is the worst memory you have while traveling?
Adam – receiving a speeding ticket on the way back from a trip. Worst experience ever.
Christina – I suppose getting lost on our way down from a hike in Zermatt, Switzerland. Looking back on the memory and even during the moment we laugh, but I almost cried from exhaustion and frustration. We had already hiked earlier that day and it was late in the day that the gondola rides stopped working so we had to walk all the way back down the mountain. My entire body, especially my kneecaps, hurt so badly. When we saw a helicopter I would literally cry out to it for help. It was one of those moments where you laugh because it was the only way your body could respond.
- What was the most delicious food you’ve tried outside your country?
We have had too many delicious foods while we have traveled. To name a few on the top of our head are….St. Lucia nutella french toast and ceviche with plantains, macarons and escargot in Paris, Stroopwafels in Amsterdam, Ricotta tortellini in Brescia and everything we ate at Gaumentanz in Ludwigsburg.
- If you were to go somewhere tomorrow, where will it be and why?
Adam – Ireland because I hear it is very beautiful.
Christina – Maldives, because I am tired of this cold weather and could use a perfect beach.
- What is your belief in life?
Adam – Enjoy what you do. Find a job that you enjoy and you will never work a day in your life.
Christina – That life is too short and we should cherish every minute.
And the Inspiring Nominees Are……
Be sure to take a look at these wonderful bloggers as they inspire us everyday!
- Lena of Four on a World Trip
- Joy of Food and Travel Moments
- Katie and Calum of Creative Guide
- Emily of Kids and Compass
- Jazmin and Steven of Travel to Blank
- Meghan of The Traveling Teacher
- Christina of A Little Nomad
- Shari of Shairluxtravel
- Lucia of The Mad Snapper
- Austin of This Guide To Life
- Sarah of Wanderlust Vegans
Questions for our Nominees
- If you had a superpower what would it be?
- What inspires you to travel?
- What is your favorite souvenir from traveling?
- What is the best Hotel/Couch/Air b&b you have ever stayed in?
- If you were to have dinner with someone famous who would it be?
- If you could visit any city in the US where would you go?
- What is your go to vacation spot? Beach, Skiing, Downtown etc.
- Have you ever learned another language while traveling? If what language and where?
- What is your favorite road trip game or playlist?
- What is the biggest challenge you have had to face while traveling?
- What is your favorite flavor of Froyo, Ice Cream, or Gelato?
And that concludes the Sunshine Blogger Award. Congratulations to our nominees and thank you again to Danica for the nomination. To all our readers, followers and supporters of Our Sweet Adventures, THANK YOU! We would not be here with you!
Safe Travels, Eat Well and Happy Writing!